Mark your OBX Calendars! Laura Howard will be in our store, Beach Treasures on the Duck Boardwalk on May 18th and June 7th, 2017 from 3pm-7pm. Bring your own Sea Glass! One of our local artists Laura Howard, will be creating memorable custom jewelry made out of your own sea glass pieces or from Laura’s collection of Sea Glass! Wouldn’t it be fun to take home a piece of jewelry that is handmade, right in front of your eyes! Looking forward to seeing you all there!
We are located at 1216 Duck Rd Duck NC 27949 in Wee Winks Square!
Larry Beyna and his family started vacationing in the Outer Banks in 1980 and have continued their love of the Ocean and its laid-back life ever since. Natives of Chicago, Larry and his wife, Barbara, now divide their time between their main residence in the Washington, DC, area and their home near the beach in Southern Shores, N.C.
Larry paints mostly in watercolors, but has also done some work with acrylics and photography. His subjects include seascapes and landscapes, boats, birds and flowers, architectural scenes from his travels to more that 80 countries for business and pleasure.
Larry holds a BA and an MA in the social sciences from, St. Mary’s University (Winona, MN) and the Maxwell School at Syracuse University. Over the years, he has taken art classes in Cheverly, but his learning has come mostly through experience and “accepting the mistakes and surprises that the watercolor paint provides.”
Mr. Beyna’s artwork is available in Duck, N.C. at Beach Treasures on the Boardwalk!
A tote bag is the most versatile bag you will ever own. There are hundreds of uses for a good tote bag, a large bag that you can take anywhere and fit anything into, and every woman should have at least one in their collection.
1, Fashion Accessory. Tote bags are fashionable as well as functional. There are many quality, leather tote bags available that look stylish and make great everyday handbags. You can buy gorgeous tote bags with designer labels, you can get good quality totes from bag shops, shoe shops, boutiques and accessory stores or you can buy canvas or material totes from department stores, supermarkets or market stalls.
2. Large Size. Tote bags are big and roomy and can hold loads of stuff. You can fit everything that you will need for a day at work or play into a tote bag and still have room for more.
3. Versatile. Tote bags have a million uses. They can be used as shopping bags, gym bags, work bags, beach bags, overnight bags, school bags, knitting bags, laptop bags and have many more uses.
4. Variations. There are many different versions of tote bags, to suit all your needs. They are available in materials such as leather or leather-look, fabric or canvas and they are made in different colors or patterns. You can even make your own, if you’re crafty. They come in slightly different sizes and styles but tote bags have basically all the same design.
5. Durable. Tote bags are very durable and, if taken care of they will last you for years and years.
6. Re-Usable. Tote bags, no matter what the size or style, can be re-used again and again. Tote bags are not designed for anything specific so you can use them for anything you choose.
7. Great Gift Idea. A good quality tote bag makes an excellent gift, mainly because they have many uses and will last for a long time. Perhaps consider buying a nice leather one or, if you can afford it, a designer bag. Another good gift idea is to use material or canvas tote bags as gift bags, they are sturdier than paper ones and can be re-used.
When buying a tote bag you have to consider what you will mainly use it for. If you plan to use it as a handbag, you will probably want a leather one but if you intend to use it as a shopping bag then perhaps you would prefer a canvas bag.
These are just some of the reasons why you need at least one tote bag and there are probably many more. Remember a girl can never have too many bags!
This is Walter Gresham’s final calendar in his outer banks series. We wish him well in his future endeavors. This 2017 calendar is the 35th Annual and FINAL Edition by Walter Gresham, a local artist on our beloved Outer Banks. Beautiful moments of time, captured and shared with you for your enjoyment. After the year is done, these pictures make awesome additions for your scrapbook or to hang on your wall in frames. This Outer Banks calendar is sure to please not only locals, but vacationers that travel hundreds of miles to see our pristine beaches, which we call home!